Former Jane’s Addiction bassist Chris Chaney is playing in a cover group The Verve Forecast project, formed by John Fogerty. The group have put together a project known as The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again, to be released on September 1st.
The album features a new collection of some of the veteran rocker’s favorite classic songs including covers of songs by John Prine, Buck Owens and John Denver, among others, as well as Fogerty’s own “Change in the Weather.” The album will include guest appearances by Bruce Springsteen and members of The Eagles. The project also features Kenny Aronoff (drums) along with Buddy Miller and Hunter Perrin (guitar).
“Those guys are just fantastic players,” Fogerty told Billboard. “They really captured or understood what the Blue Ridge Rangers vibe is. It’s a really cool record.”
The track list is set to include:
- “Paradise” (John Prine)
- “Never Ending Song of Love” (Bonnie Bramett/Delaney Bramlett)
- “Garden Party” (Rick Nelson)
- “I Don’t Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)” (Buck Owens)
- “Back Home Again” (John Denver)
- “I’ll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)” (Ray Price/Rusty Gabbard)
- “Change in the Weather” (John Fogerty)
- “Moody River” (Gary Bruce)
- “Heaven’s Just a Sin Away” (Jerry Gillespie)
- “Fallin’ Fallin’ Fallin’” (D. Deckleman/J. Guillot/J.D. Miller)
- “Haunted House” (Robert L.Geddins)
- “When Will I Be Loved” (Phil Everly)