Lee Ranaldo, the bassist for Sonic Youth, is currently recovering from a wrist injury which he incurred playing tennis.
Sonic Youth has had to cancel their appearance at the Austin City Limits festival on October 4th and postpone five other dates on their southwest tour this fall through January.
The band issued the following: “Lee fractured his wrist while playing tennis. Please join us in wishing him a quick and thorough recovery.”
The rescheduled dates are as follows:
- Mon Jan 04 – Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theater
- Tue Jan 05 – Phoenix, AZ – Marquee Theater
- Thu Jan 07 – San Diego, CA – House of Blues
- Fri Jan 08 – Pomona, CA – Fox Theater
- Sat Jan 09 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
Tickets for the original dates will be honored or, if necessary, refunds will be made available at the point of purchase.