Genz Benz is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and has announced the release of their latest bass amp, the Shuttle 9.0. The Shuttle 9.0 is built on the foundation of the Shuttle 6.0 and delivers 900W at 4 ohms (or 500W at 8 ohms) weighing in at a mere 4 pounds.
The Shuttle 9.0 features a tube preamp and is a class D amplifier and SMPS module. The whole package is enhanced with P.H.A.T. (Proprietary Heat Abatement Technology) topology developed by Genz Benz. You get options to control the preamp gain, the signal shape and an active equalizer for total tone control.The Shuttle 9.0 was released to the public on October 1st 2009.
The full feature list includes:
- Ultra Lightweight 4 lb Design – measures 2 1/2” x 10” x 10 1/2”
- 500W/8 ohms; 900W/4 ohms
- Analog 12AX7 Tube Preamp
- Digital SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply)
- High Current Class D Amplifier
- Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology
- Active EQ w/Parametric Mids
- 3-Band Signal Shape Circuit (Footswitchable)
- Signal Mute Switch (Footswitchable)
- Tuner Out
- Extended Range Input Gain Structure for Active/Passive Sensitivity
- Limiter Circuit
- LED Status Indicators
- Speakon® Speaker Outputs
- Variable Speed Internal Fan Cooling
- Full XLR Direct Out Interface
- Aux. Input
- Headphone Jack
- Effects Loop
- Optional Footswitch available
Additional information, including a product video, is available from the Genz Benz web site.