Scottish band Biffy Clyro is coming out with a new LP, Only Revolutions to be released in November of this year. The band has teamed up with Fender to release the James Johnston Jazz Bass, a bass built with the personal touch of the Biffy Clyro bassist James Johnston.
The Johnston Jazz Bass is based on Johnston’s Fender USA jazz bass and features:
- Lake Placid Blue finish
- Basswood body
- Vintage-tint gloss-maple neck with matching painted head-cap
- Three-ply mint green pick guard
- Vintage-style chrome control plate
- Two custom single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- black control knobs and a high-mass bridge with brass barrel saddles.
Each bass also has the Biffy Clyro logo on the front of the headstock and Johnston’s signature on the back. This bass is an exclusive release available in Europe. More details can be found at the Squier Guitars’ web site.