There are lots of great ways for artists to connect with fans and the list keeps growing. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have your own iPhone app dedicated to your music, news and shows? Now you can! MobBase is a service that lets artists create custom iPhone apps for sharing music, tweets, photos and video, merchandise, shows and other useful content.
Setting up a MobBase app is free with no charge during the design process. There’s a $20 fee to launch the app, then it’s a monthly fee based on user installs ($15/month for the first 500 fan installs, then $5/month for every 1,000 installs). MobBase also provides stats on how your app is doing.
The current featured content supported includes:
- Music – including a buy option
- Videos – you can even share a direct YouTube feed, fans can upload their own videos to the app
- News and Blog including RSS
- Twitter integration
- Photos – including integration with Flickr and Picassa
- Show Info – which works with MySpace and ArtistData
- Discography and Biography
- Store – connected to your web stores