Last week we covered how to have effective practice sessions, even when you’re busy, posted some cool new (and from the archive) videos from Guy Pratt and Pino Palladino, shared some new gear news from Keith McMillen and Ibanez, new releases, player news and more. Here our the top 10:
1. Lesson: Efficient 20 Minute Practice
In this lesson we’re going to focus on planning efficient practice so you can always make the most out of limited time.
2. Video: Pino Palladino live with John Mayer Trio
From the archives, this is concert footage the way we like it… with the camera operator sticking with the bassist for the whole segment.
3. Gear Watch: Keith McMillen K-Bow for Bass
The K-Bow is a specialized bow that utilizes Bluetooth technology to transmit data to its own comprehensive suite of software on your computer.
4. Video: Guy Pratt: Great Disco Bass Lines
The Bee Gees bit is hilarious. This one is worth watching twice.
5. Ask Damian Erskine: Setting up your bass
Damian describes what he strives for when setting up his bass.
6. Player Spotlight: Eric Vogel
Meet Eric Vogel, a bassist from New Orleans and our latest player in the spotlight.
7. New Releases: Melissa Auf Der Maur announces new album, releases video
Melissa Auf Der Maur has confirmed that she will be releasing a new 12-song solo album, Out of Our Minds, on March 23rd.
8. New Releases: Flea joins Nathaniel Ayers on new recording
Nathaniel Ayers, the musician who inspired the movie “The Soloist”, has recorded his first album. Flea joins Ayers on the recording.
9. Player News: David Ellefson rejoins Megadeth
After an 8 year break, David Ellefson will finally be returning to the legendary multi-platinum group, Megadeth.
10. Gear Watch: Ibanez SRT Basses
Ibanez has built upon their already successful Soundgear line of basses with the new SRT models.
Bonus #11: Our sticker giveaway is really popular.
Did you get your sticker yet?