Rees Electric Guitars has introduced a new addition to their F-Light Lightweight bass series called the Big-F-Light. Weighing in at 7.5 pounds, this bass differs from the company’s original F-Light in that it features a full size body. They reduce the weight by keeping the center of the bass thick while shaving down the sides and adding extra comfort carvings on the back for the stomach and the front for the forearm.
The body itself is made of selected African korina hardwood, and is available with a choice of different body colors and sunbursts finishes. You also have the option of two different headstocks, with either a spearhead shaped 4-in-line design or a 2+2 style. The pickups are Seymour Duncans, with your choice of either a P-bass or P-J combination style setup.
The Big-F-Light is available now and ranges from $1,095-$1,345 depending on your options.
- Choice of spearhead or 2+2 headstock
- 4 string, long 34 inch scale, bass guitar
- Ultra lightweight – F-Light is 6 1/2 pounds and Big-F-Light is 7 1/2 pounds-
- Normal or shorter overall length, and easy to play – the long upper horn brings the headstock closer to the musician
- One or two Seymour Duncan pickups for punchy full tone of vintage pedigree
- Korina hardwood body for fine tone and long sustain
- Carved on both sides on the front and back to reduce weight and increase comfort
- Choice of body colours and sunbursts
- Maple neck with maple or rosewood fretboard
For more info, check out the Rees web site.