Here are the top 10 articles from No Treble for the week of March 14th, 2010.
1. Contest: Win an Ansir Bravura Bass!
Ansir Music wants to give away a bass to one lucky No Treble reader! Enter between now and March 31st.
2. Lesson: Scale Patterns from Tetrachord Combinations
In this lesson we’re going to explore the concept of tetrachords and how they change the way we look at scales.
3. Player News: Andy Fraser’s Bass Added to Rock Hall of Fame
Andy Fraser of the groundbreaking ’60s and ’70s band Free will have one of his basses put on exhibit in Cleveland, Ohio’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
4. Events: Rush Among Inductees of Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, Honored by Les Claypool
Rush will be among the artists inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame this on March 28th.
5. Gear Watch: FEA Growler Pedal
FEA Labs has announced the FEA Growler pedal to their product line.
6. Player News: Bootsy Collins Announces Funk U
Funk master Bootsy Collins has just announced that he will be opening the “Funk University,” and that the first semester of classes will begin on July 1, 2010.
7. Player Spotlight: Lou Castro
Meet Lou Castro, our bassist in the spotlight for March 16th, 2010.
8. Video Aram Khachaturian’s “Ivan Sings” by Neftali Lopez
Here’s Mexican bass player Neftali Lopez doing a neat bass adaptation of Aram Khachaturian’s piece, originally written for piano, “Ivan Sings”.
9. Review: A Review of Stephan Crump with the Rosetta Trio’s “Reclamation”
In his latest review, Phil Wain calls Stephan Crump’s Reclamation “Inventive, deeply melodic and resonant… with strong writing and arrangements and a unique string trio line-up.”
10. New Release: Lenny White To Release First Solo Album in 10 Years, featuring Stanley Clarke and Victor Bailey
Return to Forever drummer Lenny White has announced his first solo album in a decade, Anomaly. White will be joined by bassists Stanley Clarke and Victor Bailey, and a host of others.