TC Electronic is introducing the new BG500 bass combos at the Frankfurt Musikmesse 2010, which runs from March 24th to the 27th. The 500-watt BG500 is available as a 1×15 or 2×10 combo, each equipped with a 1″ tweeter.
The BG500 combos share many of the same features as the company’s RH450, including the SpectraComp multi-band compressor and TubeTone control section which emulates the characteristics of a tube amp. Also carried over are the user-defined presets that allow you to save and recall your tone settings.
The BG500 also introduces a new feature called the TweeterTone which gives you control of the tweeter via the front panel, and two new Contour shapes for quick tone shaping. A fully integrated bass tuner that mutes when activated is also included.
TC Electronic’s BG500 115 and 210 will have MSRP’s of $929 and $999 respectively, and will be available in May 2010. For more info, visit TC Electronic on the web.
- SpectraComp: Integrated virtual ‘Per string compression’
- TubeTone: Painstaking recreation of both tube preamp and power amp tone
- 3 User Memories: Easily switch between settings to match different bass outputs or playing techniques
- Onboard Tuner: Integrated Bass tuner. Mutes output and allows silenced tuning
- TweeterTone: Intelligent Front panel tweeter control
- 4-band EQ – Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, Treble
- Contour: Two instant EQ shapes for up-to-date warm and smooth tones
- AUX In: Stereo rehearsal input connection for Mp3 players or any other playback device
- Headphones Output: Automatically mutes speaker for silenced playing
- Balanced Out: Balanced XLR output for PA or Recording, tap signal before or after preamp
- Power: 500 Watts (1000 Watts peak)
- Woofers: Two driver configurations: 1 x 15″ or 2 x 10″ Eminence drivers
- Tweeter: 1″ Eminence tweeter