1. Player News: Tal Wilkenfeld Breaks from New Album to Tour with Herbie Hancock
After announcing her work on several upcoming albums, Tal Wilkenfeld revealed that she will be joining Herbie Hancock on the road as he tours in support of his newest effort, The Imagine Project.
2. Video: Keith Horne: Bass Solo on Miles Davis’ “All Blues”
This is the great Keith Horne soloing over the Miles Davis tune “All Blues”.
3. Gear: The Guitar Grip
Grip Studios has added to their line of Custom Guitar Hangers, featuring wall hangers in the shape of hands to support guitars and basses.
4. Review: A Review of “The Stanley Clarke Band”
In The Stanley Clarke Band, the great bassist has released a record which is the heir to the halcyon days of School Days, Stanley Clarke and Journey to Love.
5. Contest: Fender Announces Rock & Roar Giveaway
As a part of the promotion of the new Green Day: Rock Band video game, Fender has announced the Rock & Roar Giveaway.
6. Player Spotlight: Dirk McNasty
Meet bassist Dirk McNasty, our player in the spotlight for June 15th, 2010.
7. Player News: Esperanza Spalding Re-Invents Young Jazz Education
In a recent article by the LA Times, bassist Esperanza Spalding revealed how she is teaching young children about jazz in new and engaging ways with band mate Leo Genovese.
8. Ask Damian Erskine: Saying Less With More
In his latest column, Damian answers a reader’s question: “I’ve recently found myself really inspired by guys who play a lot less notes and leave a lot more space in the music, in particular Charlie Haden. I was wondering how you would approach playing less/leaving more space yet still creating a bass line that is interesting, enjoyable and challenging to play?”
9. Gear: Fleabass Street Bass
The Fleabass line will be expanding with the coming of the Street Bass model, due to ship in late July.
10. Gear: Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser
Pigtronix has introduced their latest analog effects pedal: the EP2 Envelope Phaser.