Aguilar Amplification has added their first lightweight cabinet to their line. The SL 112 weighs in at 25 pounds and features a Neodymium driver with a custom-designed crossover, a phenolic tweeter with variable level control and a frequency response ranging from 37Hz–16kHz.
“We spent a lot of time working on the crossover design to arrive at the smoothest possible frequency transitions. The ultra-light ply and subsequent cabinet tuning were also critical factors in achieving the signature tone of the SL 112,” says Dave Boonshoft, President of Aguilar. The SL 112 handles 250 watts, 500 watts peak and includes one Neutrik Speakon and two 1/4” inputs.
The cabinet has a street price of $674.95. For more, visit Aguilar’s website.
SL 112 Bass Cabinet Specs
- One 12″ cast frame woofer, 7oz. Neodymium magnet
- Power Handling: 250 watts RMS, 500 watts peak
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Phenolic tweeter with integral phase plug
- Custom crossover with variable tweeter control
- One Neutrik Speakon and two 1/4″ inputs
- Frequency Response: 37 Hz to 16 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99.9 dB 1W 1M
- Max SPL: 120db
- Dimensions: 14 7/8″H x 19″W x 18″D
- 12mm Lite Ply
- Deluxe Strap Handle
- Metal Corners, Rubber Feet
- Weight: 25 lbs
- Warranty: Three year limited
- Optional: Padded Cover