Peter Hook is bringing his band, The Light, to the U.S. in December for a 10-stop tour. The group will play Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures album in its entirety.
Hook, who was bassist for the groundbreaking rock band during their four-year run, will actually be singing, while his son Jack plays bass.
“When I decided to sing, I realized I needed a bass player,” Hook said in an interview with Spin. “Funny enough, my son Jack, who also happens to play bass, is the same age now as I was when we started Joy Division. Playing Unknown Pleasures and seeing myself in my son 30 years ago is quite an uncanny, eerie feeling.”
Hook is also currently working on a new biography called Inside Joy Division, in which he dives into the inner workings of the band, which morphed into New Order in 1980 after singer Ian Curtis’s death.
Peter Hook Tour Dates:
- December 1, 2010: 9.30 Club – Washington, D.C.
- December 2, 2010: Voyeur – Philadelphia, PA
- December 3, 2010: Webster Hall – New York, NY
- December 4, 2010: Royale – Boston, MA
- December 6, 2010: Double Door – Chicago, IL
- December 7, 2010: Showbox at the Market – Seattle, WA
- December 9, 2010: Doug Fir Lounge – Portland, OR
- December 10, 2010: Mezzanine – San Francisco, CA
- December 11, 2010: The Music Box – Hollywood, CA