Cort added a second bass to their Gene Simmons series, the GS-Punisher-2. The bass, more traditionally shaped than the AXE model, was designed in part with the KISS bassist himself and features bolt-on construction.
The black-painted Mahogany body is accented with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard containing white pearl diamond inlays. All of the hardware is chrome, including the chrome bridge cover, which Cort says adds aesthetic value and protects your hand from sharp saddle screws.
Pickups included on the bass are the combination of a Mighty Mite MMPB-4 and MMJB-R, controlled via a volume knob, tone knob, and toggle switch.
The Cort GS-Punisher-2 will be available around May, 2011, with an MSRP of $799.99. For more info, visit Cort’s website.
Gene Simmons Punisher-2 Bass Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Fretboard: Rosewood, 15 3/4” Radius (400mm)
- Frets: 24 / Large (2.7mm)
- Scale: 34” (864mm)
- Inlay: White Pearl Diamond
- Bridge: EB6 with tail cover
- Tuners: Die cast
- Pickups: Mighty Mite MMPB-4 & MMJB-R with Silver Logo
- Electronics: 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 toggle S/W
- Strings: D’addario EXL165
- Hardware: Chrome
- Special: Custom Punisher Graphic
- Case: Gene Simmons Custom Case