Markbass is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and in turn has announced a slew of new products, including heads, cabs, and pedals, including the Markbass TTE 500 Head.
Markbass TTE 500 Head
The Markbass TTE 500 is an amp described as “modern vintage,” as it brings together a tube preamp, tube compressor, and tube color filter with a TTE (Tube Technology Emulator) power amp and digital power supply. The amp also includes a passive 3-band EQ.
- Preamp: tube
- Tube: 3x ECC83 + 1x ECC81 (compressor)
- Power amp: analog (TTE: Tube Technology Emulator)
- Power supply: special Markbass digital power supply
- Power: 500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8ohm
- EQ (passive): bass / middle / high
- Controls: / color
- Weight: 5,1 kg / 11.24 lbs
Micromark 801 Combo Amp
Markbass upped their combo line by introducing the Micromark 801, which expands on the original by including an 8” neodymium speaker. The 801 also has the ability to hookup an optional “satellite” tweeter, though it’s not included. The combo, rated at 50-watts, features a level control, VPF filter, aux in, headphone out, and balanced XLR out.
- Speaker:1x 8”
- Tweeter: optional “satellite” tweeter (not included)
- Power Supply: analog
- Amp Output Power: 50W @ 8 ohm
- Speaker Power Handling: 200 W
- Speaker Impedance: 8 ohm
- Frequency Response: 65 Hz to 8 kHz
- Controls: level / VPF
- Other Features: aux in / headphone out / XLR line out / speaker on/off
- Size: 268 x 268 x 262mm / 10.55” x 10.55” x 10.31”
- Weight: 5,2 kg / 11.46 lbs
Peter Murray from Markbass let us know that all of the new gear will go into production after the Musikmesse trade show in April (and are still subject to change). For more info, visit the Markbass website.