Jeff Ament’s Tres Mts. Debuts with New Release and Tour
The band, with Fastbacks drummer Richard Stuverud and dUg Pinnick of King’s X, is releasing Three Mountains throughout the month of March, starting with the digital format on March 8th, followed by the CD (March 15th) and LP (March 22nd).
Ament recently shared some Tres Mtn’s background.
“I first saw dUg Pinnick sing and play in 1989 with his band Kings X at the Central Tavern. Three years later, I asked them to open some shows for Pearl Jam and we quickly became friends,” Ament recalls. “I always joked, ‘when are we gonna make that heavy R & B record, you and me?’ In 2001, dUg joined Richard Stuverud and me in one of our yearly writing sessions in Montana and again in 2004 with McCready. After a few years of crossed up schedules, in 2010, we finally mixed the baker’s dozen songs that make up Tres Mts. These guys are all monsters and this batch of tunes is gonna be fun to play live.”
The band is offering a free track on their website.
Tres Mts. has also announced the following tour dates:
- March 16, 2011: Seattle, WA (Showbox at the Market)
- March 19, 2011: Austin, TX (Stubbs)
- March 21, 2011: Washington, DC (Black Cat)
- March 23, 2011: Philadelphia, PA (Theatre of the Living Arts)
- March 26, 2011: New York, NY (Gramercy Theater)
- March 27, 2011: Boston, MA (Paradise Rock Club)