After years of having a signature acoustic bass produced by Washburn, Stu Hamm now has a signature electric bass guitar with the company, called the SH B3 Hammer. The new model is a a double cut-away design featuring an alder body and a bolt-on maple neck with a radial neck joint. The fingerboard is rosewood.
Made in the USA, the SH B3 features Black Hipshot hardware, including the tuners (with a D-tuner) and the bridge, which also houses piezo pickups. To round out the electronics, Stu worked with EMG to make an exclusive X-series configuration. The knobs control Volume, Tone, and Piezo volume.
The Washburn SH B3 is the first of the Hammer line, with models without the piezos in the works. The SH B3 is priced at $3,199.00. For more info, visit Washburn’s website.
Washburn Stu Hamm Signature Bass Specs:
- Stu Hamm Signature Model
- Double cutaway electric bass
- Alder body
- Bolt on maple neck with Radial Neck Joint
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Exclusive EMG X series Stu Hamm pickups with piezo preamp
- Volume, tone & piezo controls
- Black Hipshot bass bridge with piezo pickups
- Black Hipshot Lollipop style tuners with D-Tuner
- Case: GCSH, Included
- Color: Matte Tangerine, Natural Matte