Marcus Miller will be joining keyboardist George Duke and saxophonist David Sanborn for an extensive U.S. tour starting in Orlando, Florida and winding through the country to end in Hollywood, California.
The trio, who will be performing as DMS, promise to bring a mix of funk, jazz and blues to the masses.
Each member had crossed paths with each other, but this is the first time they will be performing as a unified group.
“Dave and I already had plans to reunite after being away from each other for a while,” Miller said. “When we were thinking of adding a third person and our booking agent suggested George Duke, Dave and I looked at each other, like, ‘Is that possible? Is he available? Let’s do it!’ The three of us had the chance to play together in January on the Smooth Jazz Cruise and the vibe was great. Now we’re looking forward to seeing where else we can take the music.”
DMS Tour Dates:
- May 28, 2011: Lake Buena Vists (Orlando), FL – House of Blues
- May 29, 2011: Jacksonville, FL – Jacksonville Jazz Festival
- May 30, 2011: Atlanta, GA – Atlanta Jazz Festival, Chastain Park
- June 1, 2011: Buffalo, NY – Kleinhans Auditorium
- June 2, 2011: Glenside (Philadelphia), PA – Keswick Theater
- June 3, 2011: Columbia, MD – Capital Jazz Festival
- June 23, 2011: Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
- June 24, 2011: Kettering (Dayton), OH – Fraze Pavillion
- June 25, 2011: Charlotte, NC – Roadrunner Mobile Amphitheatre
- June 26, 2011: Hampton, VA – Hampton Jazz Festival
- August 5, 2011: Apple Valley (Minneapolis), MN – Weesner Amphitheater
- August 6, 2011: Chicago, IL – Park West
- August 7, 2011: St. Louis, MO – Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center
- August 12, 2011: Seattle, WA – Benaroyal Hall
- August 13, 2011: Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre
- August 14, 2011: San Jose, CA – San Jose Jazz Festival
- August 27, 2011: Brooks (Sacramento), CA – Club 88 at Cache Creek Resort
- August 30, 2011: San Diego, CA – Humphrey’s Concerts by the Sea
- August 31, 2011: Hollywood, CA – Hollywood Bowl