Reeves Amplification has released a new bass tube amp called the Custom 400. Made in the U.S., the head unit features four 12AX7 preamp tubes and six KT88 power tubes pushing out 400 watts. It also includes one 12AT7 phase inverter tube.
The Custom 400 has Bright and Normal inputs, with separate volume controls for each as well as a Passive/Active switch to accommodate both types of basses. Other controls include Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and Master Volume knobs. The whole amp is loaded in a solid birch cabinet and finished with a black Basket Weave covering with dual handles.
The Reeves Custom 400 is available now directly from the manufacturer’s website with a MSRP of $3,299.
Reeves Amplification Custom 400 Tube Amp Specs:
- Turret board preamp and power amp section
- Six high-grade KT88 power tubes
- Four 12AX7 preamp tubes
- One 12AT7 phase inverter tube.
- Solid state recitifier
- Custom wound transformers
- Normal and Bright inputs
- Treble, Bass, Mid, Presence, Bright Volume, Normal and Master Volume controls
- Active/Passive input selector
- Transformer balanced XLR line out
- Finger jointed solid birch cabinet
- Switchable 2, 4, 8 ohm impedance switch
- Completely made in the USA