AweSome Musical Instruments has introduced the T4-Board Kit, a mod using their Pickup Tone Multiplier switching system to provide a total of 68 analog pickup tones for instruments with 4-pickup coils. That includes instruments with two 4-wire humbuckers, one 4-wire humbucker and two single-coil pickups, or four single-coil pickups.
The system consists of six switches on a 1″ x 3″ board that switches pickups between on and off, in phase and reverse phase, and series or parallel configuration. It also includes a solderless terminal strip.
The T4-Board Kit is available now for $49.97 from the AweSome Musical Instruments website.
T4-Board Kit Components:
- One Pickup Tone Multiplier T3-Board do-it-yourself KIT
- Board dimensions: 1.00” wide x 3.05” long x 1.15” deep (2.54cm x 7.75cm x 2.92cm)
- Six DPDT mini toggle switches
- One 10-position terminal strip
- 7.5” (4.45cm) insulated 26 gauge blue wire for testing
- 12” (30.48cm) insulated 26 gauge red wire (to extend existing pickup or input wires if needed)
- 12” (30.48cm) insulated 26 gauge black wire (to extend existing pickup or input wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- Styrofoam block and drill hole template used for assembly and installation positioning