Heavy Electronics has released a new bass distortion pedal named El Oso, which translates to “the bear.” The pedal is built for heavy tone and simplicity with only three intuitive knobs: Level, Mix, and Gain.
El Oso’s distortion is blended with your dry signal via the Mix knob, which gives 100% dry or 100% distorted when turned either way to the extreme. Heavy Electronics explains that the distortion top-end is rolled off and contoured to reduce the harshness found in most bass distortion pedals.
The pedal includes true bypass switching with a JFET input signal buffer to match impedances.
The Heavy Electronics El Oso is available now with a street price of $149. For more info, visit the Heavy Electronics website.
Heavy Electronics El Oso Bass Distortion Specs:
- Hand-made in minneapolis, mn by musicians
- Voiced openly for guitar, bass or any instrument
- True bypass switching & minimum length leads
- PCB designed, printed and populated by Heavy Electronics
- 1 oz. copper 1/16” single point mounted PCB
- 24mm large size pots
- Flying leads to all potentiometers and jacks
- Neutrik or Switchcraft 1/4 inch signal jacks
- Sealed metal LED housing with flying leads
- 9V 200MA power
- Powder-coated die-cast aluminum enclosure
- Dual quality-control testing (both audio & build)
- Lifetime warranty
- Upgrades, repairs and mods available for life