Akai has announced the EIE Pro, a USB audio interface capable of recording up 24-bit resolution and 96kHz sampling. The EIE Pro has four ins and four outs, MIDI I/O, and is compatible with virtually any DAW on Mac or PC.
The inputs are XLR-1/4″ combo jacks, which lead to four discrete preamplifiers with true phantom power to enable use of condenser mics.
In addition to its main USB port, the interface has three USB inputs that act as a hub to connect controllers, hard drives, and other peripherals to your computer.
The Akai EIE Pro USB audio interface will be available in the third quarter this year. Pricing is not available yet. For more info, visit the Akai website.
AKAI EIE Pro USB Audio Interface Specs:
- USB audio interface with up to 24-bit recording resolution supporting all standard sample rates (44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz)
- Four XLR-1/4” combo jacks with phantom power and gain control
- Four nickel-plated 1/4” outputs
- Two classic VU level meters with switchable sources and RED peak LEDS
- Three additional USB ports for connecting other devices through to a computer
- 5 Pin DIN MIDI Interface
- Headphone output with switchable source and direct monitoring dial
- Table-top, solid construction with classic design