G&L has unveiled a new special run of instruments called the Korina Collection. Limited to 100 pieces for each model, the company explains that Korina was chosen for its tone and collector’s value. Holding down the bottom end of the line is Korina Collection ASAT Bass.
As with the Korina Collection guitars, the ASAT Bass features a 2-piece Korina body and quartersawn eastern maple neck with a Pao Ferro fretboard.
G&L designed the bass with a pair of their MFD humbuckers and the Tri-Tone active/passive preamp system, which includes three switches – a pickup selector, series/parallel toggle, and a preamp control toggle. According to the manufacturer, the combination of the Korina and the electronics “bridges the gap between the depth of mahogany and the focused midrange of Alder.”
Built in the U.S., the G&L Korina Collection ASAT Bass is shipping this month and will retail at $2,200. For more info, visit the G&L website.
G&L Limited Edition Korina Collection ASAT Bass Specs:
- Pickups: 2 G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- Body Wood: 2-piece Korina (African White Limba)
- Body Finish: Aged Natural Gloss
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard
- Neck Finish: Light Tint Gloss
- Neck Profile: G&L #8 with 12” radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEKTUNING
- Keys: Custom G&L “Ultra-Lite” with aluminum tapered string posts
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Controls: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior