In addition to their new LTD J-Series basses, ESP has introduced two new basses to their LTD B-Series: The B-50FM and B-55FM. The 4- and 5-string models share the qualities of their siblings, but are distinguished by their flamed maple tops.
Available in three different sunburst finishes, the flamed maple top covers the basswood body. The maple neck features a Thin U contour for speed, and has a Rosewood fingerboard with 24 XJ frets.
Electronics include an ESP LDJ pickup in the bridge position, an ESP LDP pickup in the neck position, and an ESP ATB-1 Active Tone Boost.
The ESP LTD B-50FM and B-55FM will be available this Summer/Fall. Pricing is not yet available, but ESP describes the basses as “affordable.” For more info, visit the ESP website.
ESP LTD B-Series Bass Specs:
- Bolt-On Construction
- 34” Scale
- Basswood Body
- Flamed Maple Top
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- 38mm Standard Nut on B-50FM; 43mm Standard Nut on B-55FM
- Thin U Neck Contour
- 24 XJ Frets
- Chrome Hardware
- ESP Tuners
- ESP DB-4 Bridge on B-50FM; ESP DB-5 Bridge on B-55FM
- ESP LDJ (B) / LDP (N) p.u.
- ESP ATB-1 Active Tone Boost
- Finishes: DBSB (Dark Brown Sunburst), STBSB (See Thru Blue Sunburst), STRSB (See Thru Red Sunburst)