Reverend Guitars has announced their Thundergun model is now available in three colors: Wine Red, Vintage Clear, and Black. Besides a striking body design and reverse headstock, the set-neck bass features a raised center ridge for added sustain.
Reverend designed the bass for “old school tone, but with modern punch,” explaining that their Thick Brick bridge pickup brings out cutting mids while the Split Brick neck pickup exudes “strong lows and warm highs.” The control knobs are configured with a Volume knob, Tone knob and a Pickup Pan knob for blending between pickups.
The Reverend Thundergun Bass is available now with a list price of $1,199. For more info, visit Reverend’s website.
Reverend Guitars Thundergun Bass Specs:
- Body: Solid korina with raised center section; 20-5/8” x 13” x 1-3/4” (center) x 1-5/8” (wings)
- Pickups: Reverend Thick Brick (bridge), Reverend Split Brick (neck)
- Neck: Glued-on, five-piece korina / walnut, tilt-back headstock
- Truss rod: Dual-action, access at headstock
- Scale: 34”
- Fingerboard: Bound rosewood, 12” radius
- Frets: Medium jumbo
- Neck profile: Medium oval
- Nut: 1-21/32” (42 mm) width, graphite
- Tuners: Open gear, 1/2” diameter shaft
- Bridge: String-thru-body, locking saddles (3/4” spacing)
- Controls: Volume, tone, pickup pan knob
- Strings: 46-100
- Colors: Vintage Clear, Wine Red, or Black