Acoustic Image has introduced its new Series 4 line of amps and cabinets, with new features and updates from their predecessors. The company says the new series simplifies their product line, as it consists of two preamp types, one power amp and three cabinet types. The components are then combined to create the actual line, consisting of two amp heads, four 1×10 combos, and two 2×10 combos.
The big departure from their Series III products is the pre/power amplifier system, which is now smaller, lighter, and offers higher fidelity. Rated at 600 Watts music power (500 Watts continuous at 1% distortion), the amps are slightly less powerful than before, but now provide a much lower noise level. Acoustic Image also included a switchable limiter for playing to the amps’ limits – a feature that users requested.
The new designs also stray from neodymium magnets for their woofers due to price. The new woofers have ceramic magnets, which add a little weight but help keep costs down. Finally, the crossover in their 1×10 combo now includes a switch for adjusting the midrange level for greater control.
“Series 4 is a direct result of feedback from musicians around the world and our own deep commitment to continuous improvement,” said Acoustic Image founder Rick Jones. “We have taken what we believe are the highest fidelity products in the industry and improved them, at the same time simplifying choice and reducing the cost of production through component development and manufacturing efficiencies—with those cost reductions applied to stem price increases and/or reduce prices.”
The Series 4 line will be priced the same or lower than the Series III. For more info, visit the Acoustic Image website.
Series 4 Product Specs:
- 600 Watt Heads
- Switchable Limiter
- Ceramic-Magnet Woofers
- Paper or Poly Woofers
- Cabrio Docking System
Series 4 Products:
- Clarus with one channel, 600 Watts
- Clarus with two channels, 600 Watts
- There are six combos:
- Coda with the one channel head, one 10 inch poly woofer and the Cabrio Docking System
- Coda with the two channel head, one 10 inch poly woofer and the Cabrio Docking System
- Corus with the one channel head, one 10 inch paper woofer and the Cabrio Docking System
- Corus with the two channel head, one 10 inch paper woofer and the Cabrio Docking System
- Ten2 with the one channel head, two 10 inch poly woofers and the Cabrio Docking System
- Ten2 with the two channel head, two 10 inch poly woofers and the Cabrio Docking System
- There are three extension cabinets (also available as Cabrio-ready units)
- Coda EX: 1×10 cab with poly woofer
- Corus EX: 1×10 cab with paper woofer
- Ten2 EX: 2×10 cab with poly woofers