M Basses has announced the Elite line of basses, stepping up from their Mj designs with more options while retaining the classic style. Available with Alder, Ash, or Mahogany bodies topped with your choice of figured wood.
The maple necks feature Indian rosewood or maple fingerboards. The basses are passive and come standard with Nordstrand NJ4 single coil J-style pickups while the standard knob configuration is volume, volume, tone. Hardware includes a Hipshot vintage bridge and Ultra-light tuning keys.
The M Bass Elite Series basses are handmade-to-order in 4- and 5-string versions, and are available now starting around $3,000. For more info, visit the M Basses site.
M Basses Elite Series Bass Specs:
- Body: Alder, Ash, or Mahogany
- Top Wood: Choice
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood or Maple
- Nut Width: 1.5”
- String Spacing: 19mm at Bridge
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: 20 for 4-string, 21 for 5-string
- Fret Size: Medium Vintage
- Scale Length: 34”
- Bridge: Hipshot Vintage Bent Plate
- Tuning Keys: Hipshot Ultra-lights
- Pickups: Nordstrand NJ4 Single Coils
- Electronics: Passive; Active upon request
- Finish: Clear Gloss