Source Audio has added to their line of bass pedals with the release of the Programmable EQ Pedal, a compact, cast aluminum stompbox offering hands-free access to four unique and user-programmed EQ settings.
The Programmable EQ offers +/-18db of range across seven frequency bands with an additional frequency band at 62Hz, which is accessible with the device’s Octave Extend function. The pedal is designed for both bass and guitar, and the Octave Extend is designed to accommodate bass frequencies.
The device is designed for hands-free use, through a footswitch that allows the player to scroll through one of four player-set, pre-programmed settings. The pedal also includes a MIDI input for remote access to presets and engaging and disengaging the effect, as well as connecting to a MIDI-capable device to expand the tones for each preset.
The Programmable EQ offers a substantial clean boost of up to 12dB for volume increases and front-end push through an amp. The device also includes relay-based true bypass and runs on a 9V battery, or with an optional external power supply.
MSRP on the Programmable EQ is $209. For more, visit Source Audio’s website.
Source Audio Programmable EQ Pedal Specs:
- +/- 18dB range over seven frequency bands
- Four independent programmable user presets easily recalled via the footswitch
- Octave Extend Function: optimizes the EQ for bass with an additional frequency band at 62Hz
- Small Footprint: A compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing
- 12dB of clean boost
- Auto-scrolling function: automatically scrolls through all four presets to create unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units
- Hardwire “True” Bypass: utilizes a small-signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities
- MIDI input: recall presets, engage/bypass remotely via MIDI
- State-of-the-art DSP — a proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters
- Dimensions: 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (width) x 2 in/5.1cm (height)
- Runs on a 9V battery (included) or power supply (not included)