One day after being married, Sir Paul McCartney has announced 11 new dates to his “On the Run” Tour, which already made its way through North America this summer. The string of shows begin November 13 in Abu Dhabi, then hit major cities throughout Europe before ending up in his hometown of Liverpool, England in December.
The former Beatle bassist tied the knot for his third time on October 9 with Nancy Shevell in a low-key service that took place in London. Though the 69-year old newlywed will spend some time with his bride, he says he’s ready to get out on the road again.
“Playing live is one of the most exciting parts of my job,” McCartney explains. “My audiences seem to get better each year, and the band and I love the buzz and feedback they give us. I can’t wait to see you all for some wild nights of rock n’ roll and partying.”
Paul McCartney “On The Run” Tour Dates:
- November 13, 2011: Grand Prix Circuit, Yas Arena, Yas Island – Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
- November 26, 2011: Futureshow Station Arena – Bologna, Italy
- November 27, 2011: Mediolanumforum – Milan, Italy
- November 30, 2011: Omnisport Arena, Bercy – Paris, France
- December 1, 2011: Lanxess Arena – Koln, Germany
- December 5, 2011: O2 Arena – London, England
- December 10, 2011: The Globen – Stockholm, Sweden
- December 12, 2011: The Hartwall Arena – Helsinki, Finland
- December 14, 2011: The Olympinski Arena – Moscow, Russia
- December 19, 2011: The MEN Arena – Manchester, England
- December 20, 2011: The Echo Arena – Liverpool, England