Zoom is now shipping their new H2n Handy Recorder, a device related to the company’s original H2 design. The H2n features five studio-quality mics, onboard with several modes to employ different micing techniques, including Mid-side, 90-degree X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround.
This updated version has more controls added to the sides of the unit to streamline workflow. Zoom also included a mic gain wheel to allow more precise amount of gain. Another handy addition is the H2n’s data recovery function, which automatically restores your data should your battery die or you experience an accidental power-down.
The Zoom H2n Handy Recorder is shipping now with a street price of $199.
Zoom H2n Handy Recorder Demo:
Zoom H2n Handy Recorder Specs:
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-Speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APH-2n) includes remote control with extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and a mic clip adapter.