Kala has added a new Cherry Burst finish to its S-U-B line of solid body U-Basses. The new bass shares all the characteristics of its brethren, including a solid body, a 21″ scale, a Shadow active pickup system, a 2-band EQ, Hipshot-licensed tuners and proprietary polyurethane strings.
Kala, a ukelele company, first introduced the U-Bass in 2009 and has since unveiled fretless, 5-string, and solid body variations. Named after the term that describes how the Mariana Trench was formed, the S-U-B Subductive line was released earlier this year and contains their latest and lowest priced models.
The Kala Cherry Burst S-U-B U-Bass is expected to have an MSRP of $649. Street prices are not yet known. For more, check out Kala’s website.
Kala S-U-B U-Bass Series Specs:
- 4-string, Fretted
- Poplar body
- Bolt-on Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- HIPSHOTR licensed tuning machines
- Rosewood nut
- Shadow active pickup system with volume control and 2-band EQ
- Proprietary Polyurethane strings
- U-Bass logo gig bag included