Bulgarian boutique electronics company N-Audio has released a new Tube Preamp DI Box. Built to expand the abilities of a DI to include a preamp, the device features a pair of tubes and an output transformer with two independent secondary coils that allow for two balanced outputs: one XLR and one 1/4˝.
The guys at N-Audio explain the preamp is made for both live and studio applications, and it’s 2-band passive EQ offers flexibility and brilliant tone.
The N-Audio Tube Preamp DI Box is available now with for €370 including shipping (approximately $483 USD). For more, check out the N-Audio website.
N-Audio Tube Preamp DI Box Specs:
- Input impedance: 1 Meg
- Link output
- Outputs: 2 independent galvanic isolated balanced outputs: XLR and Jack
- GND Lift: Independent XLR and Jack GND Lift
- Output impedance: XLR: 150 ohm, Jack: 600 ohm
- Total Gain (bass and treble at middle position) : 18dB
- Bass control: 15dB boost, 10dB cut @ 60Hz
- Treble control: 18dB boost, -18dB cut @ 5kHz
- Frequency response: 30Hz 30kHZ (-2dB)
- Tubes: 1x Premium JJ ECC803S Gold plated, 1x Premium JJ ECC802S Gold plated
- Mains power consumption: 42W
- Available in two versions: for 220V (Europe) or 110V (US) power supply
- Dimensions: 170 х 170 х 50 mm
- Weight: 1.9kg (approx. 4.1 lbs)