Brubaker is expanding their Brute Bass series this year with the addition of the MJXSC line of basses. The new 5-string models sport a single-cut body design while keeping a low price point.
Weighing in a 10 pounds, the MJXSC sports an ash body and a bolt-on maple neck with a slim taper contour. The rosewood fingerboard has a compound radius of 16˝ at the nut and 20˝ at the last 22nd fret.
The pickup configuration is MM/J, with the company’s 3200 Series dual coil humbucker in the bridge position and the 3200 Series single coil in the neck position. Brubaker then couples the pickups with their 5200 Series active 2-band EQ, with resulting controls including Volume, Blend, Treble Boost/Cut, and Bass Boost/Cut.
The Brubaker Brute MJXSC will be available in Merlot and Tobacco Burst.
According to distributor AP International, the first batch of basses will be heading to dealers in June with MSRPs of $1,199, though street prices are expected to be closer to $899.
For more info, check out the Brubaker website.
Brubaker Brute MJXSC Bass Specs:
- Strings: 5
- Body Shape: Single Cut
- Body Wood: Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim Taper Contour
- Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Side Position INlays
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: Compound Radius; 16˝ at nut, 20˝ at last fret
- Nut Width: 1.75˝
- String Spacing: 19mm
- Scale: 34˝
- Truss Rod Nut: Double Action
- Pickups: MM/J; Brubaker 3200 Series Dual Coil Humbucking Pickup (Bridge), Brubaker 3200 Series Single Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Electronics: Brubaker 5200 Series Active Two Band EQ
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Brubaker High Mass Bridge
- String Nut: Graphlon
- Colors: Merlot, Tobacco Burst