In 1982, Warwick opened up shop in Germany as a boutique company and launched their flagship Streamer bass. Thirty years later, the company is celebrating with the Streamer LTD 2012 Warwick 30th Anniversary Bass. Limited to 75 pieces, the bass is said to “represent the soul of Warwick.”
Made in Germany, the Anniversary bass’s body utilizes U.S. cherry wood that was dried over 25 years. It has neck-through construction with a flat wenge neck accented with 3mm cherry stripes. The fingerboard is also wenge.
Hardware includes the Just-A-Nut III brass nut, Warwick’s two-piece bridge, tuners, and security locks.
The bass is fitted with EMG P/J pickups, and as a special touch, original 2-band MEC replica electronics from 1984 with Volume, Balance, Treble, and Bass controls.
Though the US price list is not yet available, the Warwick Streamer LTD 2012 Warwick 30th Anniversary Bass has a European MSRP of €5,279 (approx. $6,905 USD) and is expected to ship later this year.
For more, check out the Warwick website.
Warwick Streamer LTD 2012 Warwick 30th Anniversary Bass Specs:
- Construction: Neck Through
- Only available as right-handed fretted 4-string version
- Scale: 34˝
- Frets: 24
- Fingerboard: Wenge
- Position Markers: Abalone Dots
- Neck: Wenge Flat Neck with 3 mm Cherry stripes
- Body: Cherry (25 years old)
- Finish: Natural Oil
- Pickups: Active EMG P/J
- Electronics: Original 2-band MEC replica electronic from 1984
- Tuners: Warwick machine Heads
- Bridge: Warwick 2-pieces Bridge
- Other hardware: Warwick Security Locks
- Weight: 3,8 kg (rounded)
- Limited to 75 pieces worldwide
- Includes Warwick User Kit
- Includes RockCase Flight-Case RC 10830 B W
- Includes individually issued certificate of authenticity