New for 2012 is the Framus Vintage 5/150 Star Bass, a reissued version of their classic model from the ’50s made famous by Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman.
The bass oozes retro vibes with a single cutaway body made of laminated maple for the sides and top with a laminated AAA flamed maple back, a set mahogany neck, and a rosewood fingerboard.
Other features on the bass include a 30˝ scale, Framus Vintage pickups, passive Framus electronics, and a chromplated metal pickguard.
The Framus Vintage 5/150 Star Bass will be shipping soon with an MSRP of $1,880. For more, check out the Framus website.
Framus Vintage 5/150 Star Bass Specs:
- Set Neck
- Available only as righthanded model
- Framus Vintage Machine heads
- 30˝ (762 mm) Scale length
- 20 Nickel Silver medium frets
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Dot inlays
- Mahogany neck
- Laminated Maple top and sides, back made of laminated AAA Flamed Maple
- Black Rose High Polish
- Framus Vintage Pickups
- Passive Framus Vintage electronics
- Volume/Treble/Bass/Switch for pickup selection
- Chromeplated metal pickguard
- Rosewood Bridge with Framus Vintage Tailpiece
- Standard strap locks
- Chrome hardware colour
- Weight: 2.9 kg
- Warwick Red Label 4-string: 045˝ – 105˝