Godlyke, Inc. has released the Providence FDR-1 Flame Drive pedal. The first in their new “F” series of pedals, it’s designed to provide everything from “silky overdrive to edgy, overtone-rich distortion.”
In addition to Drive, Tone, and Level controls, the FDR-1 Flame Drive has a Bass Boost switch for added low-end punch. Kevin from Godlyke explained that the pedal works well for bass, especially with the boost switched on.
Powered by either a 9V battery or AC adapter, the pedal’s LED displays on/off status as well as the life left in the battery. Once the battery’s power falls below 7 volts, the LED will begin to dim. Other features on the Flame Drive include Providence’s “Vitalizer” noiseless switching circuit and Double-Contact Grounding Circuit for improved sound quality.
The Providence FDR-1 Flame Drive pedal is shipping now with a street price of $399. For more info, check out the Godlyke website.
Providence FDR-1 Flame Drive Specs:
- Controls: Level, Tone, Drive, Bass Boost
- Connectors: 1/4-inch phone jack x 2 (input and output), DC 9V input jack (AC adapter jack)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or AC adapter
- Power Consumption: DC 9V, 8 mA (approx.)
- Dimensions: 115 (D) x 72 (H) x 50 (H) mm
- Weight: 250 g (approx., not including battery)