With Summer NAMM just around the corner, TC Electronic has unveiled their most compact bass amplifier to date: the BH250. Weighing in at just four pounds, the Class D amplifier boasts 250-watts while packing in the company’s intelligently contoured tone controls and TonePrint among other features.
The BH250’s tone controls are tailored specifically for bass. Instead of single frequency bands for each knob, boosting and cutting affects appropriate bands. For instance, turning up the bass knob will boost 100Hz, but turning it down will cut 80Hz.
TonePrint allows for players to easily swap effects ranging from Chorus to Drive with their smartphone or laptop. Other features include a built-in tuner, a mute, XLR output, and headphone outputs.
The TC Electronic BH250 is set to hit the market this October with a street price of $299. For more info, check out the TC Electronic website.
TC Electronic BH250 Specs:
- Input connector: 1/4˝ jack
- Input impedance: 500 kOhm / 100pF
- Gain range: – 96 to 36dB
- Tone controls-
- Bass: 80Hz @ Gain: – 24 to 0dB; 100Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Mid: 500Hz @ Gain: – 24 to 0dB; 800Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB & 0 to – 12 dB
- Treble / Tweeter Tone: Center Freq.: 1800Hz @ Gain: – 24 to 0dB; 5000Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Tone Print: 0 to 10 embedded parameters for TonePrints
- Tuner: Bass Tuner, always on
- Tuning range: B0 (30.87Hz) to G4 (392.00Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level / Headphones Output: Studio quality headphone amp
- HP Out Impedance: 40 to 600Ohm
- Mains supply: 100 – 240V~ 50/60Hz (70W @ 1/8 of Max. Output)
- Power module rating: 250w (500w instantaneous Peak @ min. Load)
- Speaker output: Neutrik Speakon™
- Balanced output: Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Bal. Out Max.: +2dBu
- Bal. Out Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Rehearsal input: 1/8˝ jack input, fits to iPod®
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- Dimensions: 220 x 63 x 231 mm / 8.7˝ x 2.5˝ x 9.1˝
- Weight: 1.8kg / four pounds
- Finish: Brushed and anodized aluminum front plate/ Metal chassis