Reggae icons Steel Pulse will be hitting the road for a U.S. tour kicking off July 20th in Boston, Massachusetts and wrapping up September 9th at the Doheny Days Festival in California. The trek will be partly in support of a new album due out later this year, though details are sparse.
Formed in 1975, the band has gone through several lineups but was solidified in 2005 with the addition of bassist Amlak Tafari and drummer Wayne Clark. Tafari, who is also a producer, has also worked with Pato Banton, Wailing Souls, Musical Youth, Culture, and the Yellow Wail Dub Band.
A documentary of the band’s nearly 40-year career is also in the works, which will feature live footage and interviews with members past and present.
Steel Pulse Tour Dates:
- July 20, 2012: Boston, MA – Paradise
- July 21, 2012: Amagansett, NY – Ocean View Farm
- July 22, 2012: Bridgeport, CT – Gathering of The Vibes
- July 27, 2012: Costa Mesa, CA – Pacific Ampitheatre
- July 28, 2012: San Francisco, CA – The Independent
- August 3, 2012: Del Mar, CA – Del Mar Racetrack
- August 24, 2012: Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
- August 25, 2012: Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Ampitheatre
- September 2, 2012: Pozo Saloon, CA (with Ziggy Marley)
- September 9, 2012: Doheny Days, CA