Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament has teamed up with singer-songwriter Joseph Arthur and drummer Richard Stuverud to form a new band dubbed RNDM. The trio is set to have a busy fall too, with the release of their debut album, Acts, on October 30, with a tour kicking off a few days later on November 2nd.
Ament and Stuverud have been playing together for years in Three Fish, and they met Arthur in 1990, when he opened for them. Ament, Arthur and Stuverud got together at Ament’s home in Montana in April to record the material for the new album.
“It felt like those first bands you’re in, where the first few weeks you ate and slept and breathed the music that you were working on,” Ament says. “All you did was hum those songs until you got to the next practice. I was completely open to whatever was going to happen, and I know Joseph was too.”
Nearly 20 tracks were completed during those sessions, with 12 selected by the band for the new album.
One of those tracks, “Modern Times”, has been pre-released by the band:
RNDM 2012 Tour Dates:
- November 2, 2012: Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall of Williamsburg
- November 3, 2012: Washington DC – Black Cat
- November 4, 2012: Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer
- November 7, 2012: Boston, MA – Paradise Rock Club
- November 8, 2012: New York City, NY – The Bowery Ballroom
- November 9, 2012: Montreal, QC – Coronoa
- November 13, 2012: Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall
- November 14, 2012: Milwaukee, WI – Turner Hall Ballroom
- November 15, 2012: Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue & 7th St. Entry
- November 16, 2012: Lawrence, KS – The Bottleneck
- November 18, 2012: Boulder, CO – The Fox
- November 21, 2012: Los Angeles, CA – Troubadour
- November 23, 2012: San Francisco, CA – Great American Music Hall
- November 25, 2012: Portland, OR – The Doug Fir Lounge
- November 26, 2012: Vancouver, BC – Biltmore Cabaret
- November 27, 2012: Seattle, WA – The Showbox at the Market
For more, check out RNDM’s website.