Xotic has released a 4-string of the XP-1T model, which thus far had only been available as a 5-string. The P-style bass offers vintage and modern tones by including a toggle for passive or active electronics. The active portion is Xotic’s Tri-Logic bass preamp, which has Bass, Mid, and Treble controls, a Mid switch, a Bright switch, and an Active Output Gain Control.
Similar to the 5-string, the new XP-1T is made with an Alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard. The bridge and tuners are both made by Hipshot, with their Bass Xtender Key available as an upgrade. Standard finishes include Sherwood Green Metallic and a 3-tone Burst, though many options are listed on their site.
The Xotic XP-1T 4-string Bass is available now with a list price of $3,100. For more, check out the Xotic website.
Xotic 4-String XP-1T Bass Demo:
Xotic 4-String XP-1T Bass Specs:
- Scale: 34˝
- Body: Alder
- Color: Sherwood Green Metallic, 3-tone Burst
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Oil
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21
- Fret Material: Jescar Silver Nickel
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 42mm
- String Spacing at Bridge: 19mm
- Pickup: PV-1 w/Wood Cover
- Tuner: Hipshot Ultralite
- Bridge: Hipshot A Style
- Electronics: Tri-Logic 2 Bass Preamp
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull for Active/Passive), Tone, 3-Band EQ, Mid/Bright Switches, Output Gain Control
- Weight: Approx. 3.6 kg to 4.6 kg (7.92 pounds to 10.14 pounds)