Squier has introduced the Chris Aiken Signature Precision Bass, which the Strung Out bassist helped design.
“I decided to make something that’s really cool, that I like to play,” said Aiken. “But, also something I want to give to the fans of Strung Out and any average bass player that wants to buy a bass – something that’s simple, practical and plays awesome.”
Finished in white, the bass has a mirrored acrylic pickguard and white binding and pearloid block inlays in the 20-fret maple fingerboard. The pickup is a Duncan Designed PB-105 which is controlled with a single volume knob. Aiken’s signature and Strung Out’s “Astrolux” logo are on the headstock.
The Squier Chris Aiken Signature Precision Bass will be available with an MSRP of $499.99. For more info, check out the Squier website.
Squier Chris Aiken Signature Precision Bass Specs:
- Color: Olympic White
- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5˝ (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Nut Width: 1.625˝ (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 34˝ (86.36 cm)
- Neck Binding: White
- Pickup: Duncan Designed™ PB-105 Split Single-Coil Pickup
- Controls: Volume
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: HiMass, 4-saddle bridge with brass barrel saddles
- String Nut: PPS
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Chrome
- Unique Features: Astrolux logo on front of headstock, artist signature on back.
- Pickguards: Acrylic Mirror
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome