Due to bassist interest during Summer NAMM, Amptweaker is now offering a bass version of their new TightFuzz pedal. The Bass TightFuzz is tweaked for bass players with extended lower range of the Tight and Tone controls and an added Dry Low knob that blends dry low end into the signal.
As with most of the company’s pedals, the pedal’s Tight control adjusts the attack, which Amptweaker says is especially helpful for fuzz since some can be flubby on the low end. Further tone control is achieved with an Edge switch, a ’60s/’70s switch, and a switch to select either a Germanium or Silicon output stage transistor. Other features include an effects loop, LED illumination of the controls, a battery On/Off switch, and a magnetic battery access door.
The Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz will be debuting at Winter NAMM 2013 with a yet-to-be-determined price. For more info, check out the Amptweaker website.
- True Bypass switch
- Dry Low Knob
- Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias
- Master Volume Control
- Tight and Tone help tame the fuzz
- Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tone
- 60’s/70’s Tone switch
- Edge switch smooths out the high frequency range
- EFX Loop with Pre/Post switch
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Works with a 9V battery or 9-18VDC supply
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Dimensions 3.7˝W X 5˝D X 2˝H
- Handmade in the USA