MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
Suhr Announces New Buffer Pedal
Suhr has introduced the Buffer pedal, a transparent signal buffer/line driver. The company explains that tone loss happens from signal degradation, which often is caused by long cable runs or using multiple instrument cables like on a pedal board. The Buffer uses unity buffering to reverse these effects.
Suhr’s Buffer features a compact, aluminum enclosure that houses low noise op-amps and a glass epoxy PC. The pedal has two independent outputs, one of which is isolated and uses a transformer to eliminate ground loop noise. It also has a Phase Reversal switch to keep your signal in phase when splitting between two amplifiers.
The Suhr Buffer will be available soon with street price of $129. For more info, check out the Suhr website.
Suhr Buffer Pedal Specs:
- Dc Inlet: Use a compatible 9-18Vdc with a center negative power supply.
- Input: Instrument Input, use this jack to connect to your instrument.
- Output: Primary output, use this jack to connect to an amplifier or effect device.
- Iso Output (transformer isolated): Secondary output, use this to split your instrument’s signal to an additional amplifier or sound source.
- Phase Switch (ø): The Phase Switch reverses the polarity of the Buffer’s ISO Output by 180º. Activate this switch to keep both output sources in phase.
- OUT- Normal (non-reversed) IN- Signals phase reversed by 180º
- Input Impedance: 1M Ω
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω
- Power Connector: 9v
- Operating Voltage: 4.5Vdc – 18v
- Maximum Voltage: 20Vdc
- Over Voltage Protection