The Emerald Guitars Flow Bass is quite a unique instrument. The body is built with a singular exoskeleton made of carbon fiber that’s then filled with the company’s “acoustic tone compound,” which they say can be tailored to create different fundamental tones just like different tone woods.
“Our specially developed compound contains tiny air pockets which reduces the density,” they write on their website. “We can carefully tailor the size and quantity of these airpockets to create the tonal properties we are looking for. The stiffness of the bass and its chosen tone compound lends itself to a strong fundamental pitch without sacrificing low or high end response. The end result is a bass that covers the entire tonal spectrum while still having the punch to cut through the mix.”
The Flow bass comes fitted with a set of EMG X pickups and the EMG BQC electronics system. Other features include Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech low friction nut, and individual bridge pieces.
Since each is made to order, many options are available.
Emerald Guitars Flow Bass Photo Gallery:
Emerald Guitars Flow Bass Specs:
- Scale length: 34˝
- Nut width: 1¾˝
- Bridge Spacing: 2¾˝
- Overall Length: 42˝
- Max Body Width: 11¾˝
- Max Body Depth: 2˝
- Max Body Length: 18½˝
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Tuners: Sperzel Locking Tuners
- Nut/Saddle: Graphtech Low Friction Nut
- Bridge: Individual Bridge Pieces
- Controls: EMG BQC System (Volume, Blend, Mid Stack, Bass/Treble Stack)With Added ABCX (Active Balance Control)
- Pickup Option: EMG X Pickups
- Gig Bag: Custom Padded Gig Bag
- Options: the Flow Bass Can Be Custom Ordered With Many Options