Victor Wooten has announced the first tour dates of 2013 in support of his latest releases Words and Tones and Sword and Stone. The band will be trekking across the West Coast through February, including a two night stay at Yoshi’s in Oakland, California.
As with his new albums, the tour will include a stellar group of musicians playing many different instruments. The band includes vocalist Krystal Peterson, drummers J.D. Blair and Derico Watson, and four bassists: Wooten, Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington and Dave Welsch.
Wooten explained the tour arrangements in an interview with No Treble’s Rod Taylor.
“The first thing I would say is that I look at it as a tour that features seven musicians, where four of us primarily use bass as our main instrument,” he said. “Everyone in the band plays more than one instrument, including Krystal. During the show, she’ll hop on the drums or the keyboards. She also plays flute. A tour with four bass players would be hard for even me to get my head around, but I see it as a tour of musicians who play various instruments.”
Victor Wooten Band Tour Dates:
- February 8, 2013: Kansas City, MO – Knuckleheads Saloon
- February 9, 2013: Denver, CO – Cervantes’ Masterpiece Ballroom
- February 10, 2013: Vail, CO – Vilar Center for the Arts
- February 11, 2013: Salt Lake City, UT – State Room
- February 12, 2013: Boise, ID – Knitting Factory Concert House
- February 13, 2013: Seattle, WA – Triple Door
- February 15, 2013: Eugene, OR – Shedd Institute for the Arts
- February 16, 2013: Portland, OR – Aladdin Theater
- February 19, 2013: Oakland, CA – Yoshi’s
- February 20, 2013: Oakland, CA – Yoshi’s
- February 21, 2013: Napa, CA – Napa Valley Opera House
- February 22, 2013: Los Angeles, CA – El Rey Theatre
- February 23, 2013: Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre