MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
Fender Introduces Select Active Jazz Bass
Fender’s 2013 additions to their Select Series includes the Fender Select Active Jazz Bass. Described as the company’s “top-of-the-production-line”, the new bass features an alder body with a flame maple top and hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish with a gloss-lacquer topcoat.
The Select Active Jazz bass sports a neck made of quartersawn maple, with a modern “C” shape and reinforced with Posiflex graphite support rods. Its compound-radius rosewood fingerboard includes 20 medium jumbo frets and white pearloid block position inlays.
The pickups are a pair of Fender Select Jazz Bass single-coil pickups. The active electronics includes treble, mid, and bass controls as well as a mini-toggle switch to choose active or passive modes. Hardware includes a three-ply parchment pickguard, a high-mass vintage-style bridge and vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts.
The Fender Select Active Jazz Bass will be available with an MSRP of $3,199. For more, check out Fender’s website.
Fender Select Active Jazz Bass Overview:
Fender Select Active Jazz Bass Specs:
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block Position Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5˝ – 14˝ Compound Radius (24.1 cm-35.56 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Graphite Reinforced Maple
- Nut Width: 1.5˝ (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34˝ (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Truss Rods: Modern Heel Adjust
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Select Jazz Bass Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender Select Jazz Bass Pickup
- Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
- Special Electronics: Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Control, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: High Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tuning Machines: Fender/Hipshot Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.100)
- Unique Features: Neck Heel Contour, Fender Select Headstock Medallion, Stealth “A” String Retainer
- Control Knobs: Jazz Bass Knobs