MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
Bass of the Week: Carvin SB4000
In 2009, Carvin teamed up with Sekou Bunch to create the SB4000, a bass the company says was designed with “vintage vibe.” The U.S.-made bass is a 4-string, though a 5-string SB5000 is available with many of the same specs.
Standard features on the SB4000 include an alder body, eastern hard rock maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard, though they only begin as a jumping off point for hundreds of options ranging from finishes to woods to inlays. Another interesting option is to have the bass built with a chambered body, which reduces the weight by up to one pound.
The bass comes stock with passive electronics and a pair of Carvin’s J99A single coil pickups that feature alnico V magnets. Hardware includes a fully-adjustable bridge with lock-down saddles, Carvin premium tuners, and a graphite-teflon nut.
For more info, check out the Carvin website.
Carvin SB4000 Photo Gallery:
Click a photo for a larger view:
Carvin SB4000 Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-On Neck
- Scale Length: 34˝
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Tung-Oiled Maple With Inline Headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12˝ Radius
- Inlays: Standard White Dots
- Neck Width: 1.53˝ Wide @ Nut, 2.5˝ Wide @ 20th Fret; .83˝ Thick @ 1st Fret
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Carvin Bridge With Lock-Down Saddles & Strings-Through-Body
- String Spacing: .750˝ (19mm) on Center
- Tuners: Carvin Premium Tuners, 20:1 Ratio
- Frets: 20 Medium-Jumbo, .103 Wide X .048 Tall
- Pickups: 2 J99A Alnico Single Coils
- Electronics: Passive; 2 Volume, 1 Tone
- Pickguard: White Multi-Laminate
- Strings: Carvin Medium-Light Roundwounds
- Dimensions: 21˝ Long Body, 13.5˝ Wide Body, 1.7˝ Thick Body
- Average Weight: 9.25 Pounds