MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
G&L Introduces ASAT Bass Tom Hamilton Signature Model
Aerosmith’s Tom Hamilton has a new signature bass from G&L. Based on their ASAT bass, the Tom Hamilton Signature Model tweaks the design in a few ways including newly designed pickups, woods, and finishes.
Core to the new model’s design is a specially wound pair of the company’s MFD pickups that were specced out by G&L’s VP Engineering Paul Gagon to better fit Hamilton’s style. The humbuckers are matched with the company’s Tri-Tone active/passive electronics and then fitted into a Western Pine body, which reduces the weight of the instrument. The neck is quartersawn maple with an aged-satin finish.
The body features G&L’s metal flake finishes in three colors: Blue, Red, and Turquoise. It’s then decked out with Silver Metal Flake faux double-binding for more visual “pop.” Hamilton’s signature and caricature are placed on the back of the headstock.
The G&L ASAT Bass Tom Hamilton Signature Model will be available with a MSRP of $2,685. For more info, check out the G&L website.
G&L ASAT Bass Tom Hamilton Signature Model Specs:
- Pickups: Two G&L “Hamiltone” Magnetic Field Humbucking Pickups
- Body Wood: Western Sugar Pine
- Body Finish: Choice of Blue, Red, or Turquoise Metal Flake Finish
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple With Light Tint Satin Finish
- Neck Finish: Light Tint Satin
- Neck Profile: G&L #8 With 12˝ Radius and 1 1/2˝ Nut-Width
- Frets: Medium Jumbo; Processed by PLEK
- Tuning Keys: Custom G&L “Ultra-Lite” With Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock With Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles
- Electronics: G&L Tri-Tone Active/Passive Electronics, 3-Way Mini-Toggle Pickup Selector, Series/Parallel Mini-Toggle, Preamp Control Mini-Toggle (off/on/on With High End Eq Boost), Volume, Treble, Bass
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case
- Special: Tom Hamilton Signature and Caricature on Back of Headstock