David Ellefson now has a signature model of the Jackson Kelly Bird bass, which he helped design last year. The new 4-string bass stands out with the Megadeth bassist’s signature red pinstripe finish over its modern body shape.
The Jackson David Ellefson Signature Kelly Bird Bass is built with a basswood body, and a bolt-on bound maple neck with 21 jumbo frets and block inlays. Electronics include a pair of EMG pickups controlled with two separate Volume knobs and a 3-band active EQ. The bridge is Jackson’s high-mass four-string HM-4, and the company also uses its own die-cast tuners. Ellefson’s signature and Fallout Shelter logo adorn the Truss rod cover.
The Jackson David Ellefson Signature Kelly Bird Bass will be available with a street price around $449.99. For more info, check out the Jackson Guitars website.
Jackson David Ellefson Signature Kelly Bird Bass Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body: Basswood
- Neck Material: Maple with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Binding: Black
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.625˝ (41.3 mm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Block
- Scale Length: 34˝ (864 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12˝ to 16˝ Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Die-Cast
- Bridge Pickup: EMG HZ35B
- Neck Pickup: EMG HZ35N
- Electronics: Active 3-Band
- Bridge: Jackson High Mass Bridge
- Hardware: Black
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Dual-Locking
- Other: Dave Ellefson Signature and Fallout Shelter Logo on Truss Rod Cover