Jackson’s Concert Bass series has grown this year with the introduction of the JS3QM and JS3VQM models. The new versions take all the features of their brethren and add a quilted maple top.
Four and five-string basses, respectively, the JS3QM and JS3VQM Concert Basses feature basswood bodies, bolt-on maple necks, and 24-fret, compound-radius rosewood fingerboards. The four-string model sports a 34˝ scale, while the five-string is 35˝.
The basses are fitted with a pair of Jackson pickups with separate volume controls, a 3-band EQ, a high-mass Jackson bridge, and die-cast mini tuners.
The Jackson JS3QM Concert Bass is available in Transparent Red and Transparent Blue. The Jackson JS3VQM Concert Bass is available in Transparent Amber and Transparent Black. They are available with street prices of $379.99 and $399.99. For more info, check out the Jackson Guitars website.
Jackson JS3QM and JS3VQM Concert Bass Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 34˝ for JS3QM; 35˝ for JS3VQM
- Body: Basswood
- Top: Quilted Maple, Matching Headstock
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Compound
- Binding: Neck and Fingerboard
- Frets: 24
- Pickups: Jackson High-Output Humbuckers
- Electronics: Active 3-Band EQ
- Controls: Volume, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble
- Bridge: Jackson High Mass
- Tuning Machines: Die-cast Mini-Tuners
- Finishes: Transparent Red and Transparent Blue for JS3QM; Transparent Amber and Transparent Black for JS3VQM