Ibanez has added to their Premium line of basses once again with the BTB Premium. Building on the “boutique-style” of the BTB series, the Premium models take things a step further with upgraded materials and are built in Ibanez’s Premium factory.
Available in 5- and 6-string models, the BTB Premium models feature 35˝ scale for increased string tension, resulting in a tighter low B-string. The basses are built with neck-through construction with a 7-piece maple/bubinga/walnut neck that’s reinforced with graphite rods and topped with a rosewood fingerboard. The body is made of mahogany with a figured maple top.
Electronics on the BTB Premium basses include a pair of Nordstrand “Big Single” pickups matched with Ibanez’s EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ. Its controls include Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs with an active/passive switch as well as a Mid-frequency select switch to toggle between 250Hz and 600Hz. Other features include a Black TUSQ XL nut, a Neutrik locking output jack, a Mono-rail bridge and Gotoh machine heads.
The Ibanez BTB Premium basses are available now with street prices of $1,499 for the 5-string and $1,599 for the 6-string. They ship with deluxe gig bags. For more info, check out the Ibanez website.
Ibanez BTB Premium Specs:
- Construction: Neck-Thru
- Scale: 35˝
- Neck: BTB5 7pc Maple/Bubinga/Walnut neck-thru w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Body: Figured maple top/Mahogany wing body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot inlay
- Frets: 24 Medium frets w/Premium fret edge treatment
- Bridge: Mono-rail IV bridge
- Pickups: Nordstrand™ “Big Singles”
- Electronics: EQB-IIISC 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
- Nut Saddles: BLACK TUSQ XL nut
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Finish: Vintage Natural Flat
- Case/Bag: Gig bag included